Wednesday, November 9, 2011

This Ain't No Long John Silvers

I cannot say enough about the food here. Since I am very new to this place I have not figured out what all the dished are by reading the menu, so I am always excited about what I am really going to get. A plate of chicharron de pescado could be prepared as a whole fried fish or as smaller fish nuggets. You just never know.
Below are a few delightful dishes I have had over the past three or four days.



This is my favorite ceviche place. I think it's considered a hole in the wall even by Peruvian standards. I have no idea what it's called, but it's the best I have had so far.
This is my plate of ceviche. Four different types of seafood including crab and octopus. With soup, this plate goes for 8soles or $2.92us.
The Pilsen Trujillo Beer was 4soles or $1.46us.
The same restaurant, but this time it's a plate of chicharron de pescado (fried fish nuggets), along with some fried potato type veggies. With soup, it costs 4soles or $1.46us
This plate comes from the coastal town of Puerto Malabrigo which is an hour north of Huanchaco and lays claim to one of the longest left point breaks in the world. This is also chicharron de pescado, but the cook decided to fry the whole fish and add sides of rice and lentils. This also came with soup for 7soles or $2.55us. The service was terrible here, but the food was outstanding.
This is a personal creation of mine for a late evening snack. It's fresh baked bread with a fried egg and cheese. Just ask my old roommate Alex Morgan and he will tell you that these are a staple for me anywhere I live. Since I bought the ingredients at the bodega, this probably cost my under $.50us.

1 comment:

  1. How good is Aji? Easily, one of the worlds best condiments.

    ReplyDelete