Sunday, May 13, 2012

Huanchaco Staycation

     At Fleming College we have four quarters during the school year called bimesters. At the end of each bimester the students and teachers get a week off (except in July when we get three weeks off!) to recuperate and recharge our batteries for the next bimester. Today, I am at the end of my week break and I have had a great time. I had planned on leaving Huanchaco for the week, but all that changed and I decided to stay in town to hangout with friends and surf. And eat. And drink coffee. Also, I have been able to get settled into my new apartment, which has been nice. The only time I even left Huanchaco was to go to school for the afternoon on Wednesday to finish up some work.
     
     Here is what my days have been like for the most part this past week.
- Wake up at 7 or 8am
- Drink a lot of coffee and play on the internet
- Go surfing
- Come home and make something to eat
- Take a nap
- Go surfing again
- Come home and take a shower
- Go back to the beach and watch the sunset
- Come home and make something to eat
- Go see some friends
- Come back home and fall asleep while watching a movie

   As much as I have enjoyed myself this past week, I am happy to begin work tomorrow morning.


Feliz Dia de la Madre! 

The Catholic church that overlooks Huanchaco

Caballitos de Totoras
Reed fishing boats the local men use

Huanchaco on a Sunday afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment