Thursday, February 2, 2012

Here We Go Again



     I have been back in northern Peru for a few days now and, all in all, it feels good. It was a bit harder to leave home this time for a couple of reasons. One, I knew I would not be able to see my family and friends for the next year; although I hope my parents will be coming down for a visit in July or August. And two, I got into a good routine at home doing work that I really enjoyed, even though I wasn't surfing. Regardless, I am getting settled in nicely. I am staying at the same hostel that I stayed in for a couple of months back in november and december called Hostel McCallum. If you are ever in this part of Peru Hostel McCallum is a great place to stay. The family who owns and operates it are so accommodating. I will, most likely, stay here until I find an apartment for myself. I'll probably have to wait to get an apartment until the summer ends because the prices are much higher.

     Tomorrow I begin my new position as a 6th grade English and science teacher at Sir Alexander Fleming College in Trujillo. Though I'm a bit nervous, considering this is my first job associated with my college degree, I am, also, very ready to get going. I have been anticipating and talking about this job for, what seems like, forever. I'm ready to go.

     As I start a new portion of my life here in Peru it is always nice to bring a few things from home.

     35mm Canon AE-1
     35mm film- thanks Tiff Salter
     "Even Cowgirls Get The Blues" by Tom Robbins- thanks Cousin Jess
     French Press
     Coffee
     Ranch Dressing- thanks Mom and Dad
     More Coffee- thanks sister (I really cannot emphasize the importance of coffee)
     Wildlife In North Carolina 2012 calendar- thanks Uncle Stewart and Aunt Sally


Last Friday my Mom took the day off work to help me get all my things organized.  She's pretty dang awesome.
My Grandfather once said, "manual labor purifies the soul".  If that's true, these men are the purest of the pure.
Finishing my last day at Central Carolina Seeding. Thank you Sam, for everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment